background

Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Little Glow Worm

Liam had jaundice pretty bad, so the doctor sent us home with a bili-bed aka tanning bed for babies. His liver wasn't doing a proper job of filtering (I dont know what!) something, so he had to be on UV lights around the clock. He was so yellow!




He did not like the bili-bed! We had to strap him into a straight jacket sort of thing, then put a UV wand on his chest and zip him up so he was getting light on his front and backside. He was such a sport! Within 9 days we took him to the hospital 6 times to get his blood drawn---he would cry and cry and it would break my heart :( Finally his levels were in a low risk zone, so we were able to take him off the lights and we no longer have to go the hospital for blood draws. Yay! He is doing great now, minus a little yellowing in his eyes.

Doesn't Liam look like a little glow worm? My brother said he looks like ET haha

4 comments:

  1. He is so adorable! I am so excited for you! When you feel up to it let me know and I will come down and see you and your sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I had no idea he went through all of this?!?! Gosh. I wish I lived by you so we could have play dates. It would make my days that much better :-) poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he's doing better and doesn't have to be a glow worm anymore :) I can't wait to see him in a few weeks!! I hope things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, Hooray, it was so fun to get on here and read your labor story and see how darling your sweet boy is! He is so blessed! He is absolutely adorable! It was such a fun surprise to run into you the other day! We just love you! Hope everything is going well, and you are enjoying all the newborn snuggles! Isn't that such a treat?!!

    ReplyDelete