background

Friday, April 1, 2011

D Day!!

I am probably the worst person at blogging. I vowed to post something new atleast weekly. And as you can see from my last post that hasn't happened! Well lots has happened in the last several months. Most notably---today is my due date! I made it! Well, I'm still making it...because I don't think this little baby is coming on time. I haven't had one real contraction yet! Three weeks ago my doctor said I was a 1 cm. The next week she said I was a 1 cm. Then she saw my sad face, and said, "Well, you're actually a 1 1/2." Thanks doc for the 1/2 cm. Then last week I went in and I made it to a 2cm! Great day. The mistake I have made is thinking I would go before my due date---each day that has passed I felt discouraged and impatient because I thought little Peyton would have made her grand debut by now haha But this little girl is not done baking! I have an appointment on Monday and if everything looks good, my doctor said she will induce me on Tuesday or Wednesday. Let's hope I go before then on my own!!
Some lovely prego shots taken in the last week. I am smiling...but secretly thinking 'Just take the picture for memory sake. I am soo done being pregnant!' haha Women don't lie when they say the last month is the hardest. Most def.


Anthony had a birthday. The big 29. We went to a yummy dinner with family, had presents, cake and ice cream afterwards. His cute nephews helped blow out the candles. (Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures).

I also had a lovely baby shower thrown by some of my besties. I only got pictures of the food and set up beforehand. Once the guests arrived, I didn't have any pics :( But it was a great shower, and I had so many wonderful friends and family attend!
Soooo yummy.



My friend made the cutest diaper cake.

And another friend made the prettiest real cake! It was too pretty to eat...but that didn't stop me haha

Hopefully the next post will be of baby Peyton! I truly cannot express how excited, anxious, humbled etc I feel to know that soon I will be a mother to a sweet baby girl. :) :) :)

3 comments:

  1. Darn that little Peyton...she's just too cozy inside mommy's tummy :) I hope it happens over the weekend! Have Anthony set the smoke detector off in the middle of the night...worked for me! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so amazing for being 40 weeks! Jeez! I hope she comes on her own and everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Due dates are tricky. You look amazing! Of course I knew you would :)

    ReplyDelete