background

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fun with bottlecaps

I wanted to make some neat artwork for Liam's nursery. I saw this fun idea in a scrapbook store, and decided to try my hand at it. I bought a bunch of bottlecaps and cut out a bunch of circles from scrapbook paper to fit inside the caps. The more random the paper the cuter it looks I think. Once all the circles were punched out, I taped them inside the bottlecaps with a tape runner. Then I bought three 11x14 paint canvases and hot glued the bottlecaps to spell out Liam's name. I got the spacing a little off between letters, but overall I think the project turned out great! They are hanging in his nursery (which is looking more boyish everyday as I am slowly packing up the girl stuff that was in there!). The pictures don't really show it, but it looks cool because it's all three dimensional.

This is a fun and pretty cheap art project, and you can assemble the bottlecaps however you like. I might make more of an abstract piece of art with the leftover bottlecaps. If you decide to make something like this then order the bottlecaps off Amazon. I got 250 for five bucks! In stores it cost 5 dollars for 12 caps!




3 comments:

  1. Very cute! That must've taken so much time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable idea Hayley! It turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you miss crafty :) It looks awesome! He is getting so much bigger and older...it's crazy how fast they change.

    ReplyDelete