background

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Freedom Run

So, for the 4th of July some of my aunts, my mother-in-law, my mom, and I ran the Freedom Run. When I say we 'ran' I mean we totally walked! It was only a 5K, but none of us were in the condition to run the 3 miles! The 5K route connected to the 10K route all along the parade route. As we were walking by, all of the people there for the parade would yell to us, "You're doing great! Keep it up! You're almost there!" They thought we were runners who had given up since we were the only ones walking! They didn't know that we were intentionally walking. It was pretty funny.

My mother-in-law Lori, my lovely self, Aunt Rikki, Aunt Sandra, Aunt Lisa, and my mom


It was a great day--other than the fact that we had to wake up at 5:30am, because the race started really early. And my cousin Aarean was supposed to run (walk, let's be honest) it with us, but she wouldn't wake up that early. She probably would have run it, and she is the pregnant one!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha oh my gosh you totally called me out. I was nestled in bed dreaming of sugar plums! I am SO proud you did it though...at the butt crack of dawn. Kudos to you my sweets. Kudos to you!!!! Ricky looks like she needs to run to the bathroom or something! lol. Love it! love you.

    ReplyDelete