background

Thursday, July 22, 2010

BREAD

I made bread this week, and it acutally turned out to be good! I don't have the greatest luck with bread doughs, but I have made this recipe twice now, and both times have been successful. I got this recipe from my friend Tonya--she is like Martha Stewart. I hope to be like Tonya one day! This is the easiest recipe, and if I can make it, then so can you!

This is how much the dough should rise after 2 hours.

These are the 3 bagettes I formed. They are all different sizes...apparently I am not so good at dividing the dough evenly! :)

The finished product! It looks so French bakery!



3 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. yeast (saf)
1 1/2 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
Exactly 6 1/2 cups bread flour

Mix all ingredients in mixer, and put in a bowl, cover with seran wrap for 2 hours. After it rises for 2 hours, place the dough in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. Next, cut off 1/3 of the dough. Flour the counter or board, and roll the dough into bagette form. Do this two more times with the remaining dough. Sprinkle corn meal on a cookie sheet, and place bagettes onto the cookie sheet. Raise for 40 more minutes. Make 1/4 inch slices on the top of each bagette. Brush with olive oil, seeds, etc. Put a cookie sheet full of water on the lower oven rack so the bread will steam. Then place the cookie sheet with the 3 bagettes in a 450 degree oven. Bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comment: