background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

We have been busy

Anthony and I have been so focussed on our house lately. It continues to be a slow process. Snail's pace really. But we are trying to be patient. Prior to moving in, we are devoting every weekend to picking out all the finishings, from kitchen appliances, to carpet, to cupboards, to granite, to you name it, we are picking it out. I love that we get to design every detail of our house, but I didn't realize how many details there actually are to consider!

We went appliance shopping at RC Willey a few weekends ago. Liam liked the strollers there :)


And he liked the laundry bins.


The next weekend we went furniture shopping at Costco. I could spend hours and hours at Costco and never get bored.






We are putting granite in our kitchen. We picked out our granite from a slab yard in Salt Lake this weekend. That was an adventure! Sadly I don't have any picures from that outing. All the slabs are so beautiful and unique. It took several visits to different slab yards to find the one I (I mean we wanted. Anthony is a sport I tell ya!). Most of the slab yards are outside, and it was bitter cold this weekend, so we looked at all the granite at lightning speed. If you've never been to a slab yard, you should go. It's really cool.

We went to visit the house and check on the progress a few days ago. Unfortunately the roof was too close to a powerline, so the city placed a "stop work" order on the house until the power line could be retrenched. That took forever to get done. But it got done. And on Monday the house will get all the electrical work and plumbing started. We should be moved in next month. Should be. I hope so!!!


 Standing in Liam's future bedroom :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG look at those little jeans and the poofy vest. He's such a bro. <3 my little nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liam is getting so big! Man, he is just too cute! I am glad that you are almost in your house. That is so exciting! : )

    ReplyDelete