background

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Classic Belly Bump Photo


I am now 24 weeks along! Woohoo! Only 16 weeks to go. It' funny that pregnancy lasts 10 months, because you always hear it's 9 months. Those last 4 weeks make it seem so much longer! This week I have finally gotten a 'belly bump' and people are finally starting to believe that I'm pregnant haha It's like my stomach just popped overnight. I heard it happens that way :)

It has been so fun preparing for the arrival of our baby. We have started on the nursery--we have the crib and changing table all set up. We ordered the bedding, but can't get it until Christmas because it is being gifted to us by Anthony's mom. And we are revamping an old dresser Anthony made in high school to match the crib we bought. Every time we go to the store, we buy several baby items--a few outfits here, some headbands and accessories there. We have quite the collection going. But we still have a lot to get! I didn't realize how many items a baby actually needs. Any advice on "must haves" please let me know! We are still looking for a stroller, carseat, and other baby gear. It's hard to know what to get your first time!!


4 comments:

  1. OH YOU LOOK SO CUTE! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :-) Wow you are getting a good head start...so on top of things! :-) can't wait to see the final product...baby and nursery. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look sooo great!!

    I have lots of advice on "must-haves"....
    I highly recommend a travel system. We got the Chicco KeyFit30. I think I found it for about $240 just by looking around every week. I like it because it'll fit a baby up to 30 pounds. I really don't want to have to buy another rear-facing carseat before his first birthday.

    Definitely get a glider/lazyboy if you don't already have one. You will fall asleep in it.

    We got a really nice monitor and I think it just helps me sleep better at night because I'm not so worried about SIDS. It's called the Angelcare Movement Sensor with Sound Monitor Deluxe. It's high quality and should last through the kiddos.

    SwaddleMe type things. So much easier than swaddling in a blanket!

    We used an Itzbeen Timer for the first few months just to make sure he was getting fed regularly and keep track of medicine etc.

    We really like Pampers Sensitive diapers. They have a bit of aloe in them to keep his bum moist. We've never had to use diaper cream. Plus, they have a wetness indicator so I can just look and see if he needs a diaper change and if it's just wet or poopie, too.

    If you plan on breastfeeding I recommend the following:
    *My Brest Friend $29 (WAY better than a boppy)
    *Medela Freestyle Breast Pump (super compact, can bring it with you, pump for bottles if you want to get out)
    *Cotton Breast Pads- you'll save a ton of money overall

    I did a ton of research on stuff because I'm anal like that. I highly recommend buzzillions.com just to see what moms, critics and reviewers think of items. In the end, just do what's best for you. Every mom has a ton of opinions (as demonstrated) Whew! That was long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your use of the phrase "first time" here frightens me. I can't afford for you to have four kids in the next year Hayley.

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I can hardly believe you are 24 weeks here! We short ladies poke out pretty far. :)

    ReplyDelete