background

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jack Turns 5!

My sweet nephew Jack turns 5 this week! We had a family party for him on Saturday at my grandma's house. It was so fun,and all of the extended family showed up, which made it a great day.


The birthday boy blowing out his candles. A birthday party would not be complete without a superhero cake. Jack wanted Iron man this year.


Jack and his proud papa. Alex planned the entire party. He was stresssed out, but it all came together great, and I could tell he was happy because Jack was smiling the whole time.


Birthday boy getting ready to open all his presents. He had them piled in front of him, and was so anxious to open them all.


He has the cutest look on his face. It is fun to capture the excitement in his eyes.



After Jack opened his presents, we all went outside to play with his toys. Jack got some army men, and played with his cousins all day. They would hike all around the yard playing with them.

Then we all played with sidewalk chalk. The chalk was 3D (everything is better in 3D, right?) Cailyn had on the 3D glasses, and she looked like such a goof with them on upside down. Her mom was right next to me cracking up.

I explained to Jack that after he draws his picture to put on the glasses, and the chalk will pop up from the pavement. He had on the glasses and was staring at his picture forever. I asked him if it worked and he said, "No. I am still waiting for it to pop!" I tried to explain that it wasn't a literal pop haha but I don't think he quite got that.

No comments:

Post a Comment