background

Monday, June 18, 2012

Dear Old Dad

Happy Father's Day. To my own dad, you truly are the greatest dad. God knew what he was doing when I was sent to you and mom. I love you so much. And to my hubby Anthony. You are such a wonderful dad, and you steppd into that role so effortlessly from the very start. I am so glad that you are hands on and involved in Liam's life. A work friend said to me, "You sure are lucky to have a husband who does so much. Back when I was raising my kids, I was lucky if my husband ever changed a diaper!" Well, changes diapers he does! But he does so much more than that. I am a good mom, but moms can't think like dads do. We are wired differently. There are just things that only a dad can think of.  For example, I play softly with Liam and his toys. Anthony takes Liam's toys and makes up crazy stories and creates alter egos with them. I teach Liam how to blow bubbles in the tub. Anthony teaches Liam how to splash the water out of the tub. I roll balls to Liam. Anthony fills Liam's crib with all of his balls to make a giant ball pit. I take Liam to the store with me to "run errands." Anthony takes Liam to the store for "adventures." Thank goodness for dads!

No comments:

Post a Comment