background

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Liam's 'Little Man' Birthday Party

I decided to go with the "Little Man" party theme for Liam's birthday party. It is the cutest theme ever! It's all about mustaches and other awesome things. I loved how it all came together. I started out telling myself, "Okay. Liam is only 1. Don't go overboard on the party." But then I had the thought, "Okay. Liam is only 1 once! So I must do something special!" And much to Anthony's chagrin, I may have gotten a little carried away with the party planning, but it all came together perfectly and everyone had such a lovely time.

And what a mustache bash it was! Here is the tasty spread:










And here are some friends sporting their staches!









I printed off dozens of photos of Liam from the time he was born up until now, and I put them on the wall to make a collage of Liam's life. It was neat to see how much he has changed--from a baby to a little man!


And then onto the presents! Liam was loving this part. He loved tearing off the wrapping paper, and he was really interested in all the toys he got. I think we doubled our toy inventory after this birthday! Thanks to our wonderful family and friends who helped spoil Liam and celebrate his special day :)








Here are some cute videos (these are really for the out of state family. Okay, mainly for you mom!).


And here are some other fun shots from the mustache bash!









After we sang happy birthday to Liam (I don't know how I don't have pictures from that!?) we went outside and Liam had a grand send off of all of his balloons (mainly because I didn't want to make the drive home with a dozen balloons crowding up my entire back seat). He let them go up into the air and watched as they disappeared.



I would have to say the greatest part of the whole night was Liam started walking! He walked at his first birthday party! I couldn't believe it. I stated yelling at Anthony to "look look look!!" Liam just randomly stood up and realized, "Hey, I can walk! This isn't as hard as I thought it would be!" What's funny is that it wasn't so much walking as it was running. The kid goes from crawling to running haha that is true Liam fashion. I didn't get the best video of his best performance, but here is a video that shows him strutting his stuff. Great day.

Happy 1st Birthday my little man Liam.

1 comment:

  1. Liam's 'Little Man' Birthday Party is super stylish. I can’t believe how successfully this bash went. Oh my god I am in love with these gorgeous printables. I have got some fabulous ideas for my son’s birthday bash that I would host at the local LA venue. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete